Site Home
The next San Diego Section ANS dinner meeting will be held on Wednesday 19 November. Our program will be: "SMRs - benefits, myths and prognosis" By Dr. Paul Lorenzini, Co-Founder and Former Chief Executive Officer of NuScale Power. Dr. Lorenzini will focus his remarks on the NuScale Small Modular Reactor (SMR) and will provide an update on the safety benefits of the design. He will comment on recent critiques by the Union of Concerned Scientists and the Institute for Energy and Environmental Research which have questioned those benefits and will conclude with comments about the future of SMRs as we see it today. Dr. Lorenzini's resume is attached. We will be at our usual venue: The Hunter Steakhouse 1221 Vista Way (intersection of I-5 and Highway 78) Oceanside, CA 92054-6452 (760) 433-2633 The restaurant offers 4 choices for dinner: (beef / salmon / chicken / vegetarian) Please indicate your choice in your RSVP The cost for members is $28. Students get half price - $14. The cost for non-members is $38 and includes 2014 dues of $10, after which you are a member. Non-member students are $14 + $5 dues = $19. Dues are now $10 on a calendar year basis ($5 for students) and need to be renewed for 2014. Please RSVP by Friday, November 14, 2014. Please bring cash or a check; we can't take credit cards. Reply via email to sandiegoans@yahoo.com The evening's scheduled events: No host reception 6:00 PM (aka happy hour) Dinner 6:45 PM Speaker 7:45 PM to 8:45 PM Q & A 8:45 PM to 9:00 PM Please RSVP to Sandiegoans@yahoo.com by Friday, November 14, 2014. Best regards, Ken Schultz, Treasurer