Site Home
Our next San Diego Section ANS dinner meeting will be on
Wednesday 21 May 2014.

Our program will be

       Economical Production of Pu-238

       LINK TO PRESENTATION

       Dr. Steven D. Howe
       Director, Center for Space Nuclear Research

All space exploration missions traveling beyond Jupiter must
use radioisotopic power sources for electrical power.
The best isotope to power these sources is plutonium-238.

The US supply of Pu-238 is almost exhausted.  The Center for
Space Nuclear Research has conceived of a potentially
affordable process to produce Pu-238.  The new process will
also produce dramatically less waste.  Come learn about the
vital role nuclear energy plays in space exploration and how
the needed Pu-238 has been provided in the past and can be
produced in the future.

We will be at our usual venue:

       The Hunter Steakhouse

       1221 Vista Way  (intersection of I-5 and Highway 78)

       Oceanside, CA 92054-6452   (760) 433-2633

The restaurant offers 4 choices for dinner:

(beef / salmon / chicken/ vegetarian)

Please indicate your choice in your RSVP

The cost for members is $28.
Students get half price - $14.

The cost for non-members is $38 and includes 2014
dues of $10, after which you are a member.

Non-member students are $14 + $5 dues = $19.

Dues are now $10 on a calendar year basis and need
to be renewed for 2014.

Please RSVP by Wednesday, May 14, 2014.

Please bring cash or a check; we can't take credit cards.